In 2017, Prep Doctors was recognized by the Government of Canada as a certified educational institution. More recently, our institution was listed alongside private institutions allowing qualifying students to receive the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB).
This status is important for Prep Doctors and its trainees and is born out of a lot of hard work by our team. To be clear, this benefit does not apply to every trainee – below you will find some of the eligibility criteria to help you determine if you can receive this benefit.
To be eligible for CESB you must meet the following criteria:
1) A Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Registered Indian, or Protected Person
2) You are studying in Canada or abroad
3) One of the following applies to you:
– You are enrolled in a post-secondary educational program (at least 12 weeks long in duration) that leads to a degree, diploma, or certificate
– You completed or ended your post-secondary studies in December 2019 or later
– You completed or expect to complete high school, or received, or expect to receive your high school equivalency in 2020, and have applied for a post-secondary educational program that starts before February 1, 2021
The following is a list of ongoing/upcoming programs at Prep Doctors that are at least 12 weeks:
AFK Course Cycle 1 (Ongoing)
AFK Course Cycle 2 (Planned start Aug 2020)
AFK Review Package (Planned start June 2020)
ACJ Course Cycle 1 (Ongoing)
ACJ Course Cycle 2 (Planned start Aug 2020)
ACS Course Cycle 1 (Ongoing)
ACS Course Cycle 2 (Planned start July 2020)
*Please note that you cannot apply for the CESB if you already applied for the CERB or EI
To see the full list of up-to-date eligibility criteria please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/emergency-student-benefit/cesb-who-apply.html
Before applying, we urge you to ensure you are eligible for the benefit and seek professional advice where necessary if you have any questions that relate to requirements.
For all general information please about the Canada Emergency Student benefit please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/emergency-student-benefit.html
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or on our Facebook page.